BrynnReadsOn

ReadingOnBecauseIWantTo

I love YA urban fantasy and dystopian. I also read some middle grade and historical fiction. I apologize for any spelling errors. If any of my ratings/Posts don't match up its because I just imported them from Goodreads and need to adjust them.

I'm on Instigram as Readinglife.

These Broken Stars
Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
Progress: 200/374 pages
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy Book 1)
Sarah Rees Brennan
Progress: 296/370 pages
Death Note, Vol. 1: Boredom - Tsugumi Ohba, Takeshi Obata Light Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal...or his life?BoredomLight tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know?(from www.Goodreads.com ) (Short Version)Light Yagami is a genius in high school who one day picks up the Death Note and decides to rid the world of criminals and becomes "Kira". But the cops are after him with the worlds best and most mysterious detective L...BOOK ONE 5 starsAmazing. The artwork is top-notch and the concept is completely original. How many times do you read a book with Shinigami as main characters? Or a Notebook of Death? BOOK TWO 4 starsI can't say much without spoilers...but still totally amazing.BOOK THREE 4 starsSee above...BOOK FOUR 5 starsThe plot takes a twist with a new Death Note owner on the scene! The stakes are high and you'll be on the edge of your seat!BOOK FIVE 2 StarsIn one word this book is boring. The characters sit around on their buts trying to catch the new Kira.BOOK SIX 4 starsThe cops are closing in on this new Kira! The characters seem to come back to life in this volume and some pretty awesome things happen...BOOK SEVEN 2 starsFEELS. Bye bye favorite chatacter...BOOK EIGHT 4 starsOhh whats this? New characters? Things are looking up!BOOK NINE 5 starsMello and Near and Light are all at each others throats...Great plot, lots of edge of your seat moments!BOOK TEN 1 starOk its rant time!Dear Light Yagami and Near,STOP REPEATING EVERYTHING THE OTHER GUY SAYS. I GET THE BLEEPING POINT ALREADY. NEAR THINKS LIGHT IS KIRA. LIGHT WANT NEAR DEAD.AND YOU TELL ME EVRY. SINGLE PANLE. JUST SHUT THE BLEEP UP ALREADY.BOOK ELEVEN 1 starsee aboveBOOKTWELVE 2.5 starsIts over...its finally over...after about a year reading these books the journey is over and I AM RELIEVED. SO BLEEPING RELIVED. No more repetitive conversations, no more dragging myself through these things.. its over. These characters have come so far from book one and how the mighty have fallen.