BrynnReadsOn

ReadingOnBecauseIWantTo

I love YA urban fantasy and dystopian. I also read some middle grade and historical fiction. I apologize for any spelling errors. If any of my ratings/Posts don't match up its because I just imported them from Goodreads and need to adjust them.

I'm on Instigram as Readinglife.

These Broken Stars
Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
Progress: 200/374 pages
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy Book 1)
Sarah Rees Brennan
Progress: 296/370 pages
Invisibility - Andrea Cremer, David Levithan I had so much hope for this book. It let me down. BIG TIME. The plot moved pretty fast, which meant that there was no time for world building or character development Everything involving spellseekers came way too naturally to Elizabeth and the world of cursecasters and spellseekers felt 2-D . I also felt that Stephen was a bit too inactive during the parts where the characters were doing something for once. I know its not entirely his fault, but still.Also, the romantic parts seemed to plot driven. I have seen plot driven romances before, but those ones worked. This one didn't. It seemed that once Stephen, Elizabeth, and Laurie found out about spellseekers/cursecasters, Elizabeth hid everything from Stephen. Also, I liked Elizabeth's POV better than Stephen's even though most people seem to hate Elizabeth. Kinda like how most people seem to hate Shay from Nightshade but I prefer him to Ren.