BrynnReadsOn

ReadingOnBecauseIWantTo

I love YA urban fantasy and dystopian. I also read some middle grade and historical fiction. I apologize for any spelling errors. If any of my ratings/Posts don't match up its because I just imported them from Goodreads and need to adjust them.

I'm on Instigram as Readinglife.

These Broken Stars
Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
Progress: 200/374 pages
Unspoken (The Lynburn Legacy Book 1)
Sarah Rees Brennan
Progress: 296/370 pages
SPOILER ALERT!
Ignite Me - Tahereh Mafi

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

A Brief History of Dystopian Endings:

Mockingjay: depressing.

Allegiant: Wait what no just no *extreme sobbing*

Champion: You call that an ending?

And now the latest on the list…IGNITE ME

Out of all the dystopian endings, Ignite Me is the best.  The plot was solid and the character development was stunning.

I really enjoyed seeing Juliette fully embrace herself and her power. I noticed that there were absolutely no strike thoughts throughout the book. A lot of people feel uncomfortable with themselves and I think seeing Juliette finally accepting herself sends a positive message to readers.

Another great part of the book was when Juliette regrouped with Adam, Kenji, and the rest of Omega Point. I loved how she took charge, ready to keep on fighting. And this will see really strange, but I enjoyed the fight between Juliette and Adam. I used to be Team Adam in Shatter Me, but after Destroy Me, and Unravel Me, I switched to Team Warner.

My friend had made a convincing argument about Adam vs Warner

I don’t remember it word for word but it was something along the lines of this:

Adam tries to hold Juliette back and treats her like a child. Warner challenges her and she challenges him, allowing them to grow as people.

I was so thankful that Tahereh brought this to light in Ignite Me. because Juliette was right. What they had wasn’t love-they were just clinging to each other (quite literally) because they had no one else.

And Kenji was just hilarious. So. Funny.

And Jame’s conversation with Warner about what theoretically means? Perfect. It had me in stitches.

Usually in dystopias, the endings involve some epic war. Not the case here. It was a quick assassination and then it was over. If this were another dystopian, I’d feel cheated and really ticked off. But these books were never really about the world as much as they were about Juliette’s journey as a person.

And honestly? I think a big epic war would have been a repeat of last time.

So thank you Tahereh Mafi, your books are amazing.